We build the majority of our clients’ websites using the WordPress Content Management System. Why? Two key reasons: 1) WordPress gives you the freedom to update and control your own site. 2) It is the most widely used CMS in the world, with features and options available to meet any business need.
Websites that anyone can maintain
When WordPress was released in 2003, most websites were programmed by hand, using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). WordPress eliminates the need for any kind of programming to maintain your site’s content. If you can use a word processor, you can manage a WordPress website – it’s that easy!
Websites that everyone can view on any device
You can’t know whether your next website visitor is looking at a 27″ desktop monitor or a 5″ smart phone. Your website must be usable on either of these devices and everything in between. All Webdancers websites utilize responsive design themes, allowing the page elements to resize and realign themselves to look good on any screen size. Your visitor sees everything that they need to, with no horizontal scrolling. There is no need to build and maintain a separate “mobile” site.
Top 5 reasons to use WordPress and Webdancers
- Flexibility. WordPress is “open source software.” This means that the software – including the underlying programming code – is free for anyone to use, copy and modify in any way they choose. This is in contrast to proprietary software, where the software is under restrictive copyright and the source code is usually hidden. The WordPress.org repository lists over 45,000 software modules, called plugins, that extend and expand its capabilities. From slideshows to document management to e-commerce, WordPress can do it all.
- Themes. Themes control the overall look of your site, including its layout, colors and fonts. There are literally thousands of WordPress themes available, both free and paid. At Webdancers, we use only premium themes developed by professional graphic designers and coded to industry standards.
- Blogging. A powerful blog engine is available to promote information that is valuable to your site visitors. Regular and relevant updates to your site (whether you call it a blog or not) are key to capturing the attention of both human visitors and search engines.
- Search Engine Optimization. WordPress websites are extremely attractive to search engines, increasing the ability of your customers to find you quickly. They make it easy to manage keyword placement in page titles, links, descriptions and meta-tags, as well as utilizing other behind-the-scenes optimization techniques.
- Control. Almost every web hosting service in the world supports WordPress. If you become unhappy with your current host (not us, of course), you can easily pack up and move your site somewhere else.